- Actively promote and participate in company safety programs, projects, and behavior.
- Support the assessment of operational risks in accordance with local regulations and Lafarge Best Practices
- Support operational personnel in the implementations of safe mining techniques
Reserve Management, Assessment & Reporting
- Provide, maintain, document, and report reserve estimates for all properties.
- Acquire, analyze, and maintain data, documents, and files necessary to provide accurate recommendations geological assessments of sites.
- Assemble geological testing, assessment, and related data and documents for tested sites such as drill hole plans, isopach maps, cross sections, geological and resource models.
- Analyze and coordinate reserve data for sites, maintain reserve data in LIS and related archive files, and prepare periodic reserve reports and analyses.
- Utilize various technologies to accurately assess deposit characteristics
WCAN Land Management Strategic Priorities
- Support the various business units in the development and implementation of their Strategic Plans and align efforts to help achieve their goals.
- Assist in site development CAPEX projects and assist in due diligence of potential reserve acquisitions and greenfields.
- Propose and execute targeted field investigations, data acquisition and reporting.
- Help to solve problems concerned with land management, environment and operational challenges.
- Provide collaborative technical support on the effective development of geology, aggregate reserves, civil works and operations to market area staff.
Mining and Reclamation Plan Support
- Assist with the development of mid-term and life of mine and rehabilitation plans for sites including geological modeling, extraction sequencing, material technical specifications, site planning, and overburden removal to optimize resource recovery, product quality, and operational efficiency.
- Provide various mapping and illustrations as needed for land management, operational/site, and environmental issues, etc.
Mentorship, Stakeholder & Operations Support
- Collaborate with the Mining Team, local business and Land Manager to ensure compliance with all mining regulatory requirements
- Support special projects and knowledge transfer related to geology and mining to operations, business, land staff, regulators and the public as required.
- Assist the local businesses with best practices on development & implementation of short term mining plans, product balances and cost optimization
- Engage in positive networking, best practices, use of common tools and identifying synergies between Aggregates and Cement product lines
- Accurate, Economical, and Sustainable Reserve positions
- Ensure the effective development and maintenance of Mining & Rehab Plans
- Organization of geology and mining data, documents, and soft copy files.
- Verifiable reserve management data and documentation.
- Value-added exploration and analysis of acquisition reserves and greenfields.
- Assist with development Cost effective Mining Plans that optimize the Reserve
- Collaboration with Operations, Land staff and various Functional Teams.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
- Reports to WCAN Land and Resource Director
- Works closely with Mining & Reserve Manager, Land Managers, GIS/Autocad Specialists
- Liaises with Plant and Quarry Managers, Environment, Finance and other departments.
- 7B tonnes of Reserves
- Provides services and support for an estimated 200 sites
- Interacts with related consultants, subcontractors and suppliers
- Works on multiple sites, projects, and activities directly at any given time.
- Interacts with other functional areas.
- Travel is anticipated at 20-40% and will vary from time to time.